Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Ginger-Squash Cake with White Chocolate Frosting

Like a good little blogger in Fall I'm sharing something pumpkin-y today. 
Squash, pumpkin, it's the same right? Pota (ay) to, pota (ah) to..

The other day I bought a butternut squash and after a week of it sitting in my kitchen window sill, and still not knowing what to do with it, I decided to check what Pinterest would do. (WWPD, we should make thát into a bracelet) 

I stumbled across this recipe. And I'm glad I did, wow, what a great recipe and what a delicious cake! Butternut Squash, two kinds of ginger (fresh and dry) ánd for good measure a white chocolate frosting. Yum.

I could type out the recipe and share it on my blog, but I only subbed the Hazelnuts for Cashews(allergies) and left the rest of the recipe as is. So I'll leave the instructions to the original poster. Find it here.

I only remembered to take pictures after we'd (read: mostly me) eaten half of the cake, and during making the photos I might have eaten some more...

(note: the photos aren't the best, our computer crashed and now I'm using an old laptop without any editing software. Grrr...)





Enjoy!!

Love, Maria


3 comments:

  1. this looks so good ! and I really do like the bracelet idea;)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that looks amazing! Can you just move here and open up a bakery?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really tastes jammy!
    Last weekend Maria made one for her papa's birthday and everybody just loved it!
    I hope she is moving here to open her own bakery!!!!
    Lots of kisses, her mama

    ReplyDelete

UPDATE: I'M GOING TO BE USING WORD VERIFICATION FOR A BIT, THE SPAM WAS GETTING OUT OF CONTROL! SORRY!

talk to me!