Wednesday, October 9, 2013

so fashion forward...

I can't stop noticing all the fun, colored tights I keep seeing all over Instagram(here) and on blogs (here), 
and I absolutely love this trend. 
It's such a fun way to brighten any outfit. And perfect for Fall.

//

Although I'll never claim to be fashion forward or super stylish I actually jumped on the colored tights bandwagon at least two years ago. I'm so trendy, haha!
I had bought a cute black dress for Christmas and searched everywhere for a pair of ochre yellow tights. They had to be ochre yellow. But, of course, I couldn't find the right color anywhere. 
Finally, a few days before Christmas I found them. 
They were the only ones left, the sales person told me that they stopped selling the color because no one was buying them, and even though they were a bit over budget I knew they needed to come home with me. 
Ironically, a few months later the color was everywhere. 
I forgot about the tights after wearing them to the Christmas party and rediscovered them just a few days ago. It was day of great joy.

//

I decided to pair them with this sweater dress I've had for years(and also haven't worn for at least two years), and what do you know: they're a match made in heaven! 
And my new favorite scarf matches perfectly. 
(the scarf is the nicest one I've ever had and it matches with almost everything)

Oh, the mirror is so gross, sorry! Micha loves giving himself kisses...

scarf: H&M // dress: H&M (old) // tights: some Italian brand? // boots: thrift // cropped jacket: H&M (old)



I love finding 'new' on trend outfits in my closet!

What are your thoughts on the colored tights trend?

Love, Maria





13 comments:

  1. Love the outfit. The scarf is really cute! I also like the dirty mirror-- if Micha is anything like my kids, the minute I clean it, they are back to messing it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And you are absolutely right about the messing up, why clean huh?

      Delete
  2. Love this outfit! Those tights are so fun! And so cute that Micah gives himself kisses haha. I was actually just thinking that I love the mirror frame, and I didn't even notice the kiss marks until I read that :) Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, the kissing is pretty adorable!

      Delete
  3. Totally in love with colored tights :) Also we are about to be rug twins! I fell in love with that rug at ikea a few weeks ago and after rearranging our living room we totally have the space for it now so I'll be heading there soon for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love our rug! I love that it's so affordable!

      Delete
  4. love your scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so cute & stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally love how the colors match ( if you ask me I love everything yellow/mustard!) and the stripes and the floral print! you have a pretty good tastefulness:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhhh and the mirror, love it! we have the some things all over here on glass table, mirror, balcony window, and I gave up, because few hours after cleaning it looks the same allover again, so I just clean it onece a week and I kind of started to embrace it ( it looks like it is, bubbly toddler in da haus:)

      Delete
    2. I'm starting to embrace the mess too! :)

      Delete

UPDATE: I'M GOING TO BE USING WORD VERIFICATION FOR A BIT, THE SPAM WAS GETTING OUT OF CONTROL! SORRY!

talk to me!