Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Happy Birthday Bestie!

Today my best friend turns twenty-eight.
Happy Birthday Lydia
Hope you have the best day! 
I wish I could be in Canada to celebrate with you, but this 'ode' to our friendship will have to do :)
best friends! (wow, we would be so in style nowadays, denim-on-denim, and striped pants) 

joined at the hip, even on class photo's (1993)
(I totally forgot about this but Lydia reminded me of this in her comment : 'I love how we both wanted to look short in our school photo and put our bums on the edge of the bench so our feet would dangle', haha, crazy kids we were!)
as crazy teenagers in Holland (2000?)

as newly weds in Canada (2008)
as (new, me) mama's in Holland (September 2012)

A little something about our friendship: 

Ever since we met in first grade we were joined at the hip. We both had the wildest imaginations and drove our teachers and parents crazy with all of our mischief. We were always together.

My family moved away from Canada to Holland when I was ten, but we've kept in touch ever since and have visited each other quite some times during the last eighteen years. 
We've chased after boys as teenagers, talked about husbands and having babies as newlyweds, 
and shared stories of motherhood as mothers. 

Our lives have changed so much since we were little girls, we both got married (to similar looking guys) and had babies (she has two adorable boys), but even though we don't see or speak with each other on a weekly or even monthly base, when we do it's as though nothing has changed. 
We're still so much on the same page. It's such a special friendship, and I feel so blessed!

I'm so lucky to have a friend like you Lyd, and I'm so proud of you for setting an example for me in your Spiritual life, being such a great mama to your boys and following your dreams*.

*A little shout out for her wedding flower business
If you are getting married and live in Canada (Ontario region) you should definitely check her out! 
She is crazy talented!

Love you so much, Lyd!

Maria



5 comments:

  1. aw i love this, I have a friendship like this too. If your friendship can survive years apart, it can survive anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. I don't even know what to say! That was the best birthday present ever! *tear* I love you soooo much, I am so thankful for the woman you are. God has been so good to us and I can't wait for our friendship to continue to grow over the years. You are so special to me!!!
    love you!!!
    oh! I love how we both wanted to look short in our school photo and put our bums on the edge of the bench so our feet would dangle. Ha. I seriously remember that like yesterday! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I totally forgot about that! But looking at that photo it's pretty obvious!
      Love you!

      Delete
  3. Two girls with beautiful eyes and BFF! It is like a fairytale, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

UPDATE: I'M GOING TO BE USING WORD VERIFICATION FOR A BIT, THE SPAM WAS GETTING OUT OF CONTROL! SORRY!

talk to me!