Tuesday, September 10, 2013

i am his mama

Today's prompt on Blogtember is:

Describe a distinct moment when your life took a turn.

 

There have been many moments when my life as I knew it took a turn:
moving across countries and to different continents, 
marrying my best friend, 
quitting teachers college to study Journalism and deciding that wasn't what I wanted either, 
the day we found out we would need fertility treatments to fulfill our dream of becoming parents,
a positive pregnancy test,
a miscarriage,
and that second positive pregnancy test.

All moments that changed my life and made me the person I am today.

But the most life changing moment has got to be the birth of our son.

Nothing could prepare me for the all consuming love I would feel for this little man, 
or for the fear of losing him, 
for the joy when he wakes up in the morning, because that means I can hug him again, 
for the the heart bursting pride I feel when I see my husband play with our son,
for the gratefulness I feel that I am his mama.

From the moment he was born my life as I knew it had changed, it took a turn for the better and changed it for good.

Love, Maria

1 comment:

  1. Love you and just looooove the photo!
    Lots of kisses for both of you, (o)mama

    ReplyDelete

UPDATE: I'M GOING TO BE USING WORD VERIFICATION FOR A BIT, THE SPAM WAS GETTING OUT OF CONTROL! SORRY!

talk to me!