Thursday, June 27, 2013

Dressing the boy


Buying clothes for boys is hard, and because I'm pretty picky when it come to dressing Micha, it's even harder.
Step in to any given store and there are always rows and rows of pretty little girls clothing 
and then one rack for the boys.  

The usual choices are: cars, characters, or 'cool' slogans. 

Yeah, that's just not my thing.

There are very few prints of cars that I like, 
I don't feel like sponsoring Disney or Pixar, 
and my boy doesn't need a shirt to tell him he's 'mommy's little heart breaker' 
or whatever other cheesy* (and sometimes misspelled) phrase a Chinese factory prints on a shirt.
(* in my humble opinion, if it is your thing, I say 'go for it')

^ ^ ^ ^
Luckily there are a few stores that actually understand that boys need cute clothes too.
H&M, Zara Kids and HEMA (a dutch department store) are my favorites.

These are some of my favorite outfits for Micha, you'll notice they have a theme :)

some Italian brand, second hand
H&M sailor suit
Zara Kids romper
Matching sweaters, both H&M
Breton stripe sweater, girls section H&M

the only slogan shirt M has, a cute play on the well known posters
Preppy little lad, all H&M

Little man, shirt: HEMA

Did you figure out what the theme was? haha..

I'm Maria and I have a stripe addiction.

So while it is a bit more difficult to find cute clothing for boys, it is possible 
and I think I've done a pretty good job so far.


Love, Maria





5 comments:

  1. It's definitely harder dressing boys! But a fun challenge :) H&M is def one of my favorites also! Along with Gap and often Target, which I'm guessing you don't have access to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a lucky boy! Lots of kisses, his omaMarijke

    ReplyDelete
  3. love stripes and square pattern for boys! I think i also buy the most girl stuff at zara and h&m, because I don`t like pink and hello kitty cats ( but my girl loves it... lately she saw these big hello kitty dolls in a store just before me, she already stretched her arms out towards and shouted- I was like in a kind of film slow motion " ohhhh noooo ", suddenly had to turn the direction and distract her just a bit...:)...
    by the way do you know the label "dutch design bakery" (thats actually dutch, obviously:), love their cute pattern mixes, they kind of have some really fun things for little ones!

    happy weekend, noni!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've definitely done well! Your little man looks like quite the stylish man! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love H&M it's one of the stores that makes me soo happy I have a boy that i can dress up so handsomely. I'm also not so big on the pictures and sayings shirts, and of course you always get those kinds of outfits as gifts ;) I do like Baby gap as well, but they're a little pricey$$, gotta wait for their big sales:)
    Your little makes always looks sharp on the blog!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete

UPDATE: I'M GOING TO BE USING WORD VERIFICATION FOR A BIT, THE SPAM WAS GETTING OUT OF CONTROL! SORRY!

talk to me!