Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Liberation Day - a Dutch holiday

Every year on the fifth of May we celebrate that our country was liberated from the Nazi German occupation in WWII.

Even now, more than sixty years later, the liberation is celebrated in a BIG way.
Our city organized a big festival, with music, theater and food.
And that's where we spent a beautiful sunny Sunday and celebrated our freedom.









I am so grateful that we live in a free country. 
I will never take my freedom for granted.

Love, Maria

2 comments:

  1. what a fun tradition! and I love your outfit - you look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you had a real good family day... you are a real cute family:)

    ReplyDelete

UPDATE: I'M GOING TO BE USING WORD VERIFICATION FOR A BIT, THE SPAM WAS GETTING OUT OF CONTROL! SORRY!

talk to me!