Thursday, April 11, 2013

currently




reading: The Lovers' Bedside Book. I found it at a thrift store yesterday and despite the odd, or slightly questionable title it's the most adorable book. It's from 1956 (I have a 1959 copy) and it's filled with the cutest and funniest illustrations by Raymond Peynet, who's work in the time was supposed to be a bit naughty. But for a jaded 21st century girl, it's just plain cute.


for a 1950's illustration this one is pretty up to date

the obscenity! :)




watching: Not much special, just waiting for all the good series to start up again. Did someone say 'Dexter'?

freaking out about: The awesome weather we're supposed to be getting this weekend. Sunny and 20 degrees Celsius (68 Fahrenheit) , Spring is finally showing her beautiful face. 
Frea. king. out. - in a good way!

loving about my kid: His friendliness towards others. He is so generous with his smiles and it just makes me so happy to see him make others happy. Love him!


playing when papa comes home

loving about my husband: His handsomeness :). And the fact that he loves coming home to Micha and me at the end of the day and starts playing with Micha straight away.

eating: Homemade hummus. So good, and so easy to make. I don't understand why I ever bought the store made stuff.

struggling with: Finding my passion, besides motherhood. I wish I was that kind of person that knew exactly what they wanted with their lives and worked towards it. There are so many things I would love to do: start up a baking business,  work on my photography skills, write a childrens' book with B., really learn how to sew. I just don't know where to start and I'm scared of failure. I really wish I could figure this out.

looking forward too: Seeing my parents in 6(!!) days, after not seeing them since Christmas. They live in Benin, Africa, and they're coming home for six weeks. I can't wait to spend time with them again and celebrate my moms birthday on April 24th. And, lucky me, they'll be here for my birthday on May 2nd, yay!

annoyed with: Our internet, which is horribly slow at the moment. We pay good money for it, so I'm frustrated it isn't working right.  Grr...

^ ^ ^ ^

So, what's up with you currently? 
Leave your link in the comments if you have a similar post, I'd love to hear from you.


Thanks for the blog post idea Colleen!


Love, Maria







9 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeining you guys again as well! Can'wait, but soon!! Love and hugs from me <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. New to your blog today- and this was a lovely little introduction to you and your family :) So exciting that your parents will be home soon! And especially lucky that you get to celebrate your birthdays together. They must be so excited to see Micha again!

    Some Snapshots Blog
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment! Yes, we're all really excited :).
      xo

      Delete
  3. aw have so much fun with your parents! It's HARD living far away from family! And I totally get trying to find your passion! Mine changes all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine changes all the time too, frustrating hey?

      Delete
  4. Bahahaha that book! So scandalous :) and I'm totally with you on looking for passion; it's the story of my life. Also, homemade hummus sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So scandalous! :)
      You should definitely try making it, it's so easy!

      Delete
  5. New reader here. I just wanted to chime in and say that you seem to have a passion for all things domestic. That is pretty awesome considering I would just screw up a tenth of the projects you have mastered. Haha! I get that you want to up your game but you seem as if you're on a good path and have some thoughts in mind. Soon it will just be about making a plan and sticking to it. I lkook forward to seeing you succeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this comment Tracey! You're right, I do have passions and dreams, all I need to do is make them happen.
      Thanks for following my blog!
      xo

      Delete

UPDATE: I'M GOING TO BE USING WORD VERIFICATION FOR A BIT, THE SPAM WAS GETTING OUT OF CONTROL! SORRY!

talk to me!